Our complaints handling policy
Lyons Wilson is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints handling procedure
If you have a concern or a complaint, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed. If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you receive, or about the invoice you have received, please contact the fee earner dealing with your matter in the first instance.
If that does not resolve the problem to your satisfaction, please contact Lucy Johnson our client care partner on 0161 830 7777 or, via email at Lucyj@Lyonswilson.co.uk or by post to Lyons Wilson Solicitors, Victoria Building, 1-7 Princess Street, Manchester M2 4DF.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five working days of you raising your concerns, enclosing a copy of this procedure and asking you to confirm or further explain the details of your complaint.
2. The complaint will be recorded in our Central Register and a file will be opened to investigate your complaint.
3. Once Lucy Johnson has full details of your complaint, we will then investigate it. This will normally involve asking the appropriate fee earner to provide Lucy Johnson with a report on your file to enable her to assess the situation.
4. We may ask the fee earner to contact you directly if she feels that the complaint can be resolved by means of a telephone call. If this happens and you are not satisfied with the outcome we will review the case once more and will either ask a delegated person to contact you or she herself will contact you to see if a resolution can take place.
5. If you are still unhappy with the response you should contact us again, requesting a final review setting out why you remain unhappy with our response. Ian Wilson (The Senior Partner) will review your comments and your complaint and write to you within 14 days of receipt of your correspondence setting out our final position.
6. We would expect our initial investigations to be completed within 14 days and to resolve the matter fully within 21 days (save for where you request a final review). However it may be that we cannot meet this timescale in all cases particularly where complex issues are involved or if those involved are unavailable. If we cannot meet this timescale we will keep you fully appraised of the situation.
7. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint. Their address is PO Box 16806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ. Their telephone number is 0300 555 0333. Their e-mail address is email@example.com.. Their website is at www.legalombudsman.org.uk. . Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of your receiving a final written response from us regarding your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at www.legalombudsman.org.uk.